Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Tour of My Craft Room

I have finished organizing my craft room, yay! I should've taken pictures before I started, but it was really embarrassing. Here's the thing... I am a messy, unorganized crafter! I remind myself of a bird that is taking a bath; you know how they spew water all over! 

After I finished this cleaning project, I showed my hubby, and he was impressed. The next day, I was crafting, and he walked in and said, "What the heck happened in here?!"  I just had to laugh. (sheepishly)

I emptied the closet and hubby put up wire shelving in half of it. I turned my craft cart into a place for all my sewing stuff. I don't sew very much anymore, so this is just the right size. 

Here is my hubby working on the shelves
Room for more stuff!

I really like the way the closet is functioning now. I have a place to keep some of the bulkier items as well as things that I don't want out all the time.

I purged and organized all my supplies. The solid cardstock was organized by color hue; the printed paper was organized by theme/seasons and miscellaneous prints.

My paper and stickers are organized, at least for today. Eventually, I may decorate my clear-ish paper holders.



I love my cricut and gypsy, I let them do all the work and I look like a genius!
 Here is the room looking pretty. If I'm crafting, it looks nothing like this! Maybe I'll take a picture of my crafting mess and post it here.
The view when you walk thru the door. One day, I'd like to get rid of these big office chairs and get some smaller ones. Pink ones would be pretty.

The view across the room. This is where I have most of my supplies. I have a big craft table that, when fully extended is 36"x 60". If I lower both leaves, it becomes 36" x 18", and sits pretty flush between the two shelves.  I would then have room to inflate the big air bed for company...umm...I never close it up, I ashamed to say,  the company will have to sleep upstairs! 

This is my sit down desk area. I have a space for my laptop, and the other side I use for sewing. Many times Robbie is in here with me and he sits there with his craft box and cuts up paper and draws.

I love these command hooks! I've used them on the side of my black shelves to keep cricut mats and other things handy, I also have them inside the closet.





I love this quote I put on the wall. It is so true; so many times I put off a project, out of fear.

Here's a close up of the quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to look at my stuff! I love comments, too!