Robbie won "Most Orignal" for his costume,
he was so happy and proud!!
What started out as large pieces of artist paper, evolved into a 'Burning Bush'.
Yesterday was Bible Character night at AWANA. The costumes were to be judged. I've known about this for 2 weeks. Robbie's first request was to be the burning bush that Moses saw. I thought that was a good one. Very original, I thought...turned out there were four other 'burning bushes'!
...anyway... by the following Sunday, he wanted to be a roman soldier. I forgot about it during the week, and on the way home at 3pm yesterday (an hour and half before class) Robbie asks me about his costume! Ugh!! I tell him that I forgot, and I'm sorry, but he would not be able to particpate. He starts to fuss, and I quickly say, there was no time to make anything unless he wanted to go with his original idea of the burning bush. He excitedly said, 'YES, YES!' as if he'd forgotten he wanted to be a roman soldier. (he can be so fickle sometimes)
I hurried to my craft room and luckily, I had enough stuff that I could make it work. I took a large (19x30) sheet of cardstock type paper and some scraps of black paper left from another project and cut out some flame shapes.
| flame headpiece in the works. |
I also printed out the part of the verse from Exodus 3:2 'Moses saw that the bush was on fire but was not consumed' onto cardstock, attached it to a short dowel to create a sign for him to carry.
| flames are complete |
I picked some new branches off our ficus tree and inserted them through the crown and duct taped some to his green shirt. It is supposed to look like a green bush on fire. It's hard to see in the pic's, but there are flames coming up around the greenery.
I thought his costume came out so cute, especially for something whipped up in 1 1/2 hrs.!
Robbie and I were so proud that he was awarded
"Most Original" He also received a cute red
Beanie Buddies Bear.
After class, Robbie ran to me and said I was the Master at costumes! Silly boy!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to look at my stuff! I love comments, too!