This is a quick and easy project that I 'lifted' from my friend, Heather at: acoupleofcraftaddicts.blogspot.com I saw this at her house and it was perfect for me, since we don't have a mantle.
I went to Home Depot, and got a 6ft 1x8 and had them cut it to 4ft. (that's all that would fit on my wall area) Drilled holes for the knobs, installed saw tooth (2) hangers on the back. Next, I painted the board, then dry brused a little white on the edges. For the quote, I used my cricut and Mickey Font cartridge; cut out the wording and stuck it on the board, put on the knobs and there you go, a great solution for hanging stockings.
I found these cute knobs on clearance at Hobby Lobby ($1.36 ea.) I was able to find these letter ones that were perfect to represent our names. Home Depot has some cheap ones for a buck, which is what I was planning to use, till I found these one. I may make another one so that I can fit the rest of our family's stockings on. I will hang it underneather this one. Since it is by the front door, I'm going to use the wording,
"by the front door with care". Then, the 2nd holder will finish off that part of the poem.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to look at my stuff! I love comments, too!