![]() |
| I didn't line the inside of boxes, looks messy but they are on a lower shelf of my computer armoire and don't really show. |
![]() |
| before: just a plain juice box carton |
![]() |
| I carefully cut the top so that it would open |
![]() |
| Added rhinestones for some girly bling |
![]() |
| I lined the inside. I had to use mod podge for this part. It's not very professional looking. |
![]() |
| My big scotch adhesive runner. I love this thing! |
I've been needing some containers for my desk to hold my paid bills, receipts, etc. I kept forgetting when I would be at Walmart. One day I was emptying out the juice pouches from the box, and I had the boxes sitting there, waiting to go out to the recycle can. All of a sudden my "light bulb" lit up and I said to myself, "I could make these into what I need. So, I cut the top off of them and covered them with scrapbook paper; and voila, free containers that fit perfectly on my desk shelf! The first one, I tore pieces of paper and mod podged them on. This took forever and was messy. For the other two boxes, I used my big tape runner to stick my paper on. This process went alot quicker. I had one box left and decided to do something different. I cut the top so that it would lift up. I decided this would be for Kristen, so she could put some of her little treasures in. I used a combo of taping and mod podge to put the paper on. I decided to line the box, which was alot of work. I made several boo boo's and used some paper as trim to cover them up. I then "blinged" it out with rhinestones. It turned out really cute. Kristen loved it! The reason I gave it to Kristen is because she is so appreciative of everything someone gives her. Since she's nine, I figured she wouldn't think it was dorky. Since Gabby is a teenager, I really thought she would think if was lame. Now Robbie and Gabby want one! So, I'll be making two more; good thing I need to buy juice tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to look at my stuff! I love comments, too!