Monday, March 28, 2011

Spruced up candles

I love flameless candles! One day, I got the idea to try decorating them with rub on stickers. So off I went to Hobby Lobby, where they were on sale. The first one I did is the one shown in the 3rd pic. I loved how it turned out, so I did one for my little guys room. I have to say, this 'rockstar' rub-on was very stubborn! It took me about 20 minutes to put it on; lifting and re rubbing. It was thick and didn't want to release from the backing. With persistence, I finally got it. For the other side, I used some 'boy' stickers. I wanted to be able to get a different feel when ever I want. Pretty clever, huh? I then made a faux candle holder for them. I used my cricut and cut out the scallop shape and a rectangle; then I wrapped it around the candle, snipped off the excess and glued the edges and embellished with rhinestones.  I decorated some candles for Valentines Day and St. Patrick's Day with stickers. I just peel them off and they're ready for another look.
side 1- rub ons

turn it around for a different look. I used stickers on this side

rub ons & rhinestones



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to look at my stuff! I love comments, too!