Saturday, April 21, 2012

Mother's Day Card


When I saw this aqua and black paper, I knew I wanted to do something that was a little elegant, yet a little distressed shabby. I really like the way it turned out!

This card was designed using the Gypsy and cut on the cricut at these measurements.
I used the Just Because Cards cartridge to cut the 5"x7" card base.
From the Flowershoppe cartridge, I cut four flowers at: 2.90in; 2.54in; 2.0in; and 1.67in.

I used a Martha Stewart punch for the printed border and a circle punch for the base of the flower.
I used a bone folder to shape the petals, and inked the edges in black. I also used silver ink on the card. I finished it off with a few rhinestones.

For the inside, I attached another flower and border, and stamped in the sentiment.

I'm linking up to http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2012/04/himcr-43-april-showers-bring.html
http://www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com/2012/04/creative-thursday-link-party-no-2.html

2 comments:

  1. I love your card!! The colors are great together! Thanks for joining us at HIMCR.
    Angela
    HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did a great job witht the colors. Super cute! TFS & Thanks for joining us at HIMCR DT AJ!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my stuff! I love comments, too!