I saw the contest "Let's hear it for the boys" on the blog, "I am Momma-Hear Me Roar" and decided I would enter. I've been planning to try painting some t-shirts for my grandson, so this was a good reason to get started.
I bought several t-shirts at Michaels last week while they were 2/$5 and started with this red shirt. I had the car stencil and I knew I wanted to use it here. The rest of the shirt just evolved as I went along. (like most of my projects do) I used a combination of stamps, stencils, tulip soft paints and tulip graffitti cannon paints with sprayer. I made the t-shirt for my 5 yr old grandson, who is full of ENERGY! He is fast, and loud and he loves cars. This was the perfect theme for him. It says alot about his personality and also reflects the reputation of the car. He loved it.
I'm also working on a blue shirt that is almost done evolving. I plan to enter it in the 'boys' contest as well.
You know there are so many sites with the most adorable girl stuff to make, but with a boy, one can only do so much! I can't wait to see the other entries so I can get some ideas to 'craft-lift'.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to look at my stuff! I love comments, too!